Transitions...


It seems like many of my friends have had loved ones transitioning recently out of this physical World. I myself have experienced quite a few beloved friends and loved ones passing on too, and that isn't even including my Mother, Father and Sister. Yesterday, I was Blessed to be able to go see another Beautiful and Beloved Friend, in the Twilight of his Life, and now in Hospice. I recognized the gauntness, the firm grip holding my hand, and the slight fogginess of his eyes as he often looked around above his bed, seeing only those people and things that are usually made available only to the dying. 

His smile and laborious and painful chuckles meant the World to me. For they lift me up out of the deepest despair and sense of imminent and irretrievable loss. It is the deep sorrow, fear and pain of momentarily thinking this may be the last time we are able to be with someone. To talk with them. To touch them. To exchange meaningful words and powerful Love. We fear that we shall not ever see them again. We fear that all the unfinished words will never be uttered. Forever. 

I have had enough personal experiences to know that the Soul, the Spirit, truly Lives On. From the experiences of kneeling beside my Mother's bed as she described the many people, family and ancestors she saw in her final days and hours, even Angels flying around, and canoes and 'ahu'ula, to my experiences with others who left their bodies while in a coma, much like my own experience. I have heard and borne witness to the Beautiful descriptions of their Spirit Life from truly gifted friends who can not only see and hear Spirit, but converse with the departed in real time, while I sat there in Amazement. Life is Amazingly Beautiful. 

Humankind is incredibly Diverse, and the Human Experiences equally multitudinous as well. Why should we believe that upon Death, all of Humankind would have the exact same experience either. Some ascend right away. Others choose to stay amongst the Living, while others remain here for other reasons not of their choosing. Some are reborn again to live another Life, and experience profound lessons from another point-of-view, and from other happiness and sufferings. Some join the ancestors and continue to guide the living, especially descendants, on their often lonely, painful and confusing journeys. I believe that your individual experiences after Death depend much more on your personal beliefs than your personal actions while Alive.

I have met an Angel, possibly the King of Kings, Christ, as well. I have been in the presence of Kanaloa, Kū, Kāne, Lono, and our Beloved Queen Lili'uokalani. Mo'o too. Kauikeaouli. Kalolakumuko'a. Kaomileika'ahumanu. Ke'eaumokupapa'iaheahe. Kalanikūpule. They are still around and continue to share messages and guidance from the other side of the veil.

My own deceased Mother returned and gave me well-heeded messages four months after her passing, through a gifted friend who conversed with her in real-time while we sat on a Sunny beach in 'Ewa one morning. I guess working with the sacred remains of so many of our ancestors, including many of different experiences and beliefs, has opened my Mind and Heart to much more than I could have ever imagined. 

I was led to understand that I am not here to convert anyone to any belief. I live my Life as I must. It is not through words of argument, or debate, or any other means to implore and convince people of anything. Let alone want to harm, injure or kill someone over their choice of Beliefs. I just share the Beautiful Spirit that surrounds me, in words, or photos, or through lessons of my own, that have led me to a greater understanding, contentment and Happiness. I myself am a follower of Christ. Whether two billion people around the World who also attest to be followers can ho'omana, or empower, a Great Spirit, to manifest into Reality, for non-believers, is a question I can not answer. I know my Truths and my Experiences. I do not fear my Heavenly Father. I owe Him my Life and Resurrection. Thus I love my Hawaiian ancestors, deities, akua, kūpuna, kupua and other Spirit as I Love all Humankind. My beloved Kūpuna, the Gifted, the Prophets, the Healers, the Enablers of Life...show me the way and I am forever Humbled by their collective Grace, and Love. Nature spirits in pōhaku, rocks, have become some of my best Friends. 

So as I held my Beloved Friend and Cherished Kupuna's hand yesterday, there weren't many words exchanged. We both knew that this was it. The unfinished work, the unfinished dreams, the unfinished Life...would now be completed by those left behind, and under the watchful and loving eye of a most Beautiful Gentle and Humble Man. I made sure, that in the fog of imminent death, that I gazed deeply into the depths of an understanding Soul, unburdened by the corruptness of broken down flesh and failing brain synapses, and said with the biggest, most reassuring smile I could muster, "I Love You..." 

He smiled back and weakly and raspily uttered those same three words back to me, with a smile. After we prayed together, and before I left my Friend's home, I made sure I looked at him deeply again, tightly holding his hands, and said it again. He again responded back with the three same words and with a smile. That meant the World to Me. I knew that no matter what happens from this sacred moment on. All would be Well. All would be Beautifully Well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...