Love...


My phone rang tonight and I went out onto the lanai overlooking Honolulu to answer it. It was my Beautiful friend and brother, Robert Ebanez. He was calling from the ICU at Hilo Hospital where he was recently admitted. The respirator came out today and he could breath on his own. He is still struggling with congestive Heart failure and other ailments that unfortunately, many kānaka 'ōiwi suffer from. 

It truly is nothing short of miraculous that he is still with us, but admittedly in a very precarious state still. It was so good to hear his voice. A weakened voice, but a strong Spirit behind it. The first words we shared were expressions of our profound Love for each other. Not knowing how long the call would last, or other potential complications, we wasted no time in connecting with the most important affirmations first. 

We spoke about his Love for All. Especially his family on other islands who he misses terribly, to the point of tears. Also, his Love for the people who are praying for him, family, friends and strangers. He even spoke of, in his raspy weakened voice, those who have personally attacked him or otherwise criticized his words or actions. We talked about forgiveness and tolerance. About not taking things personally. About sending Love and Light to those who are learning Soul lessons at the expense of others. I could relate and shared how some people say things to bring you down, to assassinate your character, besmirch your name, or otherwise talk smack. It stems from envy, jealousy, fear, insecurities, and a host of other reasons. We become so Judgmental of each other. Putting each other down to temporarily and artificially lift ourselves up. 

Once you understand your purpose in Life, your Foundation of Ke Akua, the support of the Ancestors, you work to make Life better for all on this Shared Journey, such things bother you less, although the sting often remains. I shared how I honestly am more concerned with how the people on the Other side of the Veil will welcome me, and how Ke Akua will Judge my Heart, rather than how any living person walking the Earth judges me. 

He talked about Legacy, and cried when he thought his time might be too short to do all the Beautiful things he wants to do to help Hawai'i and especially his people. At times, I felt like I was talking to myself in the ICU in 2012 trying to sustain my own Spirit to keep the Will to Heal and Survive Alive. 

We laughed. We cried. We treasured each spoken word, and basked in the silence of the unspoken whispers of the Heart and Soul. I had been there before, unsure if I would live to see tomorrow's Sunrise. What matters in Life becomes quickly apparent. Love. Kindness. Compassion. Forgiveness. And More Love...

I shared with him that his Heart ailments may be similar to my own Heart issues last year and how I needed to Love myself more, Forgive myself, Replenish the Well-Spring, the Punawai of the Love I give so freely to Others, in order to Heal my own Heart. That was the advice from the Spirit World from Gifted Friends. Still working on that aspect. Brother Bobby is trying his best too. To survive another day. To try his best to make the most of this Ephemeral Life. To Heal His Heart. Love you brother. You got this...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...