Life...


Today, I was catching up on long overdue comments on some Facebook posts that Resurrected themselves on my Timeline, even one from two-years ago. I try my best to respond to each comment as time and energy permits, but sometimes I post too many new posts when Inspired by Spirit and end up further and further behind.

I was taught, "Aloha aku...Aloha mai..." Where Love is Given, Love is Returned. This, of course, doesn't mean that you Give Aloha with the expectation of anything in return. That is Kahiau. Giving without expectation. However, as a recipient of the Love, Time, Energy and Thoughts of others, I have an expectation of myself to share humility and gratitude, and Love right back.

It seems like recently, I have been coming across comments from friends and loved ones who are no longer here with us on this Earthly plane. To see their name. Their words. Their thoughts. Their Love. Their Kindness. Their expressions of their Being, large or small. Is such a Blessing. 

I respond to them, as if they are still here. Sitting on the other side of the Internet, looking at their computer or electronic devices. Thanking them and sending them humility, gratitude and Love. For in my Heart, I know we remain connected across the Spiritual Veil.

To be Honest, I am not sure how it all works. I know I have chanted with others on a Sunny morning on a beach in 'Ewa as part of a ceremony, and asked our 'aumakua and ancestors to come in. My Mother showed up, four months after her passing. She gave me such Beautiful words, through a Beloved gifted friend, that just brought me to tears. No real words could be mustered as I sat there, and looked at my feet and the sand, watching the droplets of my tears plummet down as my Mother spoke.

It was my Mother, who on her deathbed at hospice at home, who described in detail the unseen people who filled the living room, the day before she passed, after I again prayed with all my Heart asking for the ancestors to help comfort my Mother. They arrived in force and stood at the end of the bed. Some holding brown wooden bowls, or 'umeke, trying to feed my Mother as she hadn't had any solids or liquids in her dying state.

It was yet another Beloved Gifted Friend who humbly asked my deceased Mother and deceased Grandmother to come in to receive my Beloved sister Nalani as she laid in her hospice bed in Hilo and was fearful of crossing over as time drew near. Sure enough, my sister saw both my Mother and Grandmother that night in her room as we all cried in humble gratitude.

I have had the Beautiful Spirits of our Hawaiian ancestors who lived hundreds of years ago visit and send messages when their iwi, their bones, were in my possession and care, for proper disposition. Such kindness and Love from across the Veil. Humbled me so many times.

Messages and advice from well-known historical figures in Hawai'i, from akua and kupua, gods and nature Spirits. Archangel Michael. Kamohoali'i. Queen Lili'uokalani. Christ. Mo'o. Lunalilo. Hi'iakaikapoliopele. Kamehameha the Third Kauikeaouli. Ka'ahumanu. Kalākaua. Kāne. Ke Akua-God Himself. So many shared experiences, and Beautiful stories of the experiences of others. The Veil is thin. Love and Life are Truly Eternal.

Today, when I came home, I ran into a neighbor and we ended up catching up on Life. He pulled me aside and let me know that he had been diagnosed with what is effectively a terminal lung disease with a life-expectancy of about three more years if he is lucky. His lungs have been filling with scar tissue. After talking for quite awhile, he revealed that he had been working with concrete for many years when he was younger. 

I shared that he may have inhaled the concrete dust and that may be what has been scarring his lungs, decreasing his ability to respirate. His eyes lit up and he exclaimed that it made sense. Even his doctor never said anything about his history working with concrete and a possible causal connection. I am not sure where that thought came from as the image popped into my head. It might have been my ancestor, or his ancestor, providing that 'ike. 

Tonight I looked it up and sure enough, there is a term for it. Silicosis. I will give him the name of the disease tomorrow hopefully when I see him again, so he can at least keep the Faith understanding his prognosis better.

Of course, most of our conversation centered around on defying the odds of a prognosis of a slow certain suffocating death arriving soon enough. Tears filled his eyes and we talked. I could tell it was still hard for him to talk about his own mortality and demise. He said his wife was taking it hard. 

He said that he wakes up Happy each day and has had such a Blessed Life. I expressed that same sentiment myself, that each waking day and moment is a True Gift. We need to make the most of each day. Any of us can be taken before tomorrow arrives, diagnosis or prognosis or what.

I let him know that I will Pray for him. We talked a little about religion, faith, God, Spirituality, and he opened up on some of his Beliefs. I tried to reassure him, as best as I could that Life and Love are Truly Eternal, and that only One here in the Universe will ultimately decide when it is our Time to Return to Him. No disrespect to any physician, diagnosis, or prognosis. We all need Hope to not only Survive, but Thrive in the Ephemeral Time any of us have left here.

For the first time, in twenty-one years of seeing him, I looked him directly in the eyes before we parted, and said, "I Love You brother..."

In the meantime, continue to talk with those who have departed this World. The Loved Ones. The Ones who are still connected to our Words. Our Thoughts. Our Emotions. Our Memories. For they surely will answer us in our Times of Need.

In the sudden Breeze. The soft cooling tingling Light Rain. The animated excited Chirping of Birds. The unseen Loving Embrace, not felt physically, but felt Emotionally with the sudden outpouring of Tears. The fluttering Butterfly that makes its appearance just at the Right Time. That is Them. That is Us. That will be Me.  Showing My Undying and Eternal Love for You...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...