Reflection...





I arrived at the Nu'uanu Pali at 3:30 this morning and delivered Mr. Pohaku to the windy cold precipice. It was a good time to quiet myself and reflect upon much that has been going on lately. I talked to Ke Akua. I talked to Kū. I talked to the ancestors. I talked to the many spirits. I talked to the winds. I talked to the rocks. I talked to the mountain. I talked to the clouds. I talked to the stars. Having gazed upon tens of thousands of sleeping people below, I made sure I spoke in whispers...

Comments

The view of Koʻolaupoko by night is eerie and evocative of fire. The brightness is balanced by the cold winds of the overlook, so that one feels displaced in both space and time.
Ka`iana said…
Well said brother...mahalo again for a beautiful morning... : )

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...