Love...


I had a most beautiful sharing last night. About God and gods. About ancestral guides. About Spirit. About Love. One of the stories I shared was about a Native Hawaiian homeless family that I have been helping off and on for the past four years. Two adults and two beautiful children, girls, now about four and one-and-a-half. I shared the story about how one of the girls, the eldest, had a very large ancestral guardian, an 'aumakua, who revealed himself to my gifted friends in my office one day several years ago. The mother and daughter showed up at my office about a half-hour later needing help. Their 'aumakua led them to where help could be found. It was an amazing experience and added to our understanding of ancestral guardians.

I haven't seen or interacted with the family in the past five months since they left the park across from my building, but they started living on a street corner a few blocks away from my home recently. Tonight, walking home, I ran into the Father and two girls far from our respective homes. After sharing some of their story last night, and then running into them tonight after five months of absence was amazing to say the least. Unfortunately, the girls' mother is in the hospital with pneumonia. They were going to visit her. Shopping cart, belongings and all coming down the sidewalk as night set in.

I shared what I had on me with them so they could get dinner and whatever else they may need tonight and tomorrow, and maybe for few days. The Father, a strong headed Hawaiian and ex-con, with the word "Kū" tattooed on his chest and a giant ki'i akua of the god Kū tattooed on his back, has always been in the serious war-mongering mood as long as I have known him. I always try to get him to see Kū the "good husband" and "healer."

We talked and embraced many times during the conversation, and expressed our Love for each other. I let him know how hard it was for him and I was proud that he was a survivor. His girls were adorable even with their little dirty bare feet and worn out clothes. Sitting on top of the belongings in the shopping cart, I played with them, a tickle-fest while their Father and I spoke. They said they were going to see Mommy. I told them that I will pray for Mommy and for all of them. 

Holding and hugging the two little girls, kissing back and forth, squeezing, giggles and smiles made my Night beyond anything I could have hoped for. When we parted ways, it was with Love and Hope. Child Protective Services may have found them a more permanent home with a church facility in another part of the island. They would find out soon. 

As I walked away, the Father called out and I turned around to see him. He said, "Kai, I want to find a way to repay you." I laughed and said, "No need my brother. You have done enough for me. Your Aloha...and giving me a purpose in Life.  That is more than enough."

He smiled and shook his head in disbelief. We both laughed. He said "Aloha" and continued towards the hospital. I could just make out in the onset of darkness, two little girls, sitting on a pile of Worldly belongings, smiling and laughing and waving goodbye. I humbly asked my 'aumakua to go with them tonight. I also asked Ke Akua to give their whole family healing. Physical. Spiritual. Emotional. Mental. Whatever Thy Will. And above all. Protect those two beautiful little girls. They have suffered greatly without most of anything we have and often take for granted. Their resilience and happiness is a lesson for us All...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...