Confessions...


I came across this old biker skull ring I used to wear in late 1980's. When I was in college and in the Rock and Roll scene, I had long hair and we used to go to the Jazz Cellar in Waikiki. They played hard rock with live bands. No jazz. We were decked out in leather like bikers and rockers and we used to hang out and listen to the various bands practicing our chops in our heads for our moment on the stage. Our imaginary moment. I always meant to practice and win the hottest guitar player contest. Never happened. One night, the place was packed and I was hanging out in a corner nursing my one beer.

The most beautiful waitress in the Cellar at the time, was untouchable. So many guys hit on her non-stop but she was totally disinterested and literally untouchable. As I cruised by myself in the darkened club that night, away from my friends, this gorgeous waitress came up to me and mouthed something. The music was so loud, I couldn't hear a word she said, let alone hear myself talk. So I leaned over and spoke loudly into her ear, "I'm sorry. I couldn't understand what you said." Her hair smelled heavenly by the way.

She looked at me, smiled, and then pulled a napkin out of her apron and wrote on it with her pen, then gave it to me. The note said, "Would you like another beer?" I smiled at her and leaned over and spoke loudly again into her ear, "I'm fine for now...thank you!" She laughed. Her hair smelled great again. No sooner had she left, and I stuck the napkin in my pocket because there was no trash near me, then I felt a large slap on my back.

One of my friends had come over and yelled in my ear, "How the @#$%! did you get her number?" I looked at him momentarily confused, and then glanced over to the rest of our gang who were all staring and watching intently with idiotic grins on their faces. It seemed like a lot of people in the bar were looking at us too. I then realized she had given me the napkin and it must have looked like I asked her for her number and she wrote it on a napkin for me. Then I told her I'll call her later. Lol. Nobody knew the lame secret in my pocket.

I played it up for several months after that until the novelty wore off. I was also a little more popular with the regulars in the place for a little while after too. I also suffered more big chest and stink eye from the guys who were regulars too. I told my friends I never kiss and tell when prodded for details in the weeks to follow. Nobody knew that I had never had a girlfriend yet and was still a virgin. Hahaha. My gigs up only if people actually read what is on the Internet...lol...which I highly doubt...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...