Memorial Day...


My great-great grandfather Isaac Williams was discharged from service in the 144 Regiment of New York State, while in Hilton Head, South Carolina, in 1865. My father has the original document passed down within the family. While in Hilton Head, South Carolina, 133 men were killed, died from wounds or disease. Great-Great Gramps survived. He was 26 years old when he finished in the Civil War. Five feet and eleven inches, dark complexion, black hair and grey eyes. I have no photograph of him. But if I close my eyes. I can see him. I am sure you have ancestral wisdom and guidance for me with all you went through. The horrors of war and brother against brother. Happy Memorial Day Great-Great Gramps. I love you lots. I will get to finally meet you one day and see if you look like I imagine. You already know what I look like. No fair...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...