Meredith...


This is beautiful Meredith. She lives amongst 10 or so suitcases, a few umbrellas and a chair along Hotel Street in Honolulu. Most people walk by her like she doesn't exist. She is kind, considerate and has a beautiful spirit. She went through a bad divorce. Some people are trying to help her find storage for her life's possessions in the bags she lives by. Last year, while she was sleeping, someone came by and threw an accelerant under the umbrella covering her and tried to set her on fire. Her umbrella and a suitcase burned but luckily she wasn't hurt. The police investigated to no avail. She lives in fear now.

I introduced Koa to her, and her to him. She is a strong woman. When I see her, I help her out with a little assistance for food. As I am sure others do as well. I hold her hands, kiss her head, look into her eyes, tell her I love her. She said she loves me. I ask Ke Akua and his angels to watch over her. She asked for a copy of this picture with her and Koa. I am going to put it in a nice rugged frame for her. I always enjoy seeing her. She said I lift her spirits. It is she who lifts mine...

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is beautiful Kai

So many people out there in hardship, and one little act of kindness makes all the difference sometimes between giving up and enduring until things get better

What happened to her family? Isn't there anyone back home?

So sad. I see homeless folks are one of the recurring themes in your blog. Keep it real, you got a beautiful soul, bruddah
Ka`iana said…
Mahalo my friend...I have so many blessings in life...and a lot of light hearted stuff ends up on this blog...but at times...Ke Akua gives me photos and messages...maybe for my soul to learn...maybe for all of our souls...I just let them flow...Glory be to Him..me ke aloha pumehana e hoa... : )

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...