Altered States...


For our office Christmas Party in 2010, I was able to be crazy and rock out with co-workers and friends. It was loud. It was raucous. It was the most fun I have had musically in almost twenty-years. I will probably never be asked to play again. LOL. It brought back a flood of memories from college time. I had friends who chose the dark paths in life. I walked a fine line surrounded by drugs, guns and women. Ke Akua let me abstain from all of them. Some friends died by their own hand. Some friends dissappeared to unknown fates. Some murdered. Some were murdered. Some friends went to prison. Dealing in drugs and emotional devastation.

If you ever looked down the barrel of a Federal Agent with an AR-15 pointed at your head screaming at the top of his lungs. Or witnessed the emergence of a once strong proud friend from prison suffering the ravages of the Hepatitis C contracted there. Sex, drugs and rock and roll are anything but glamorous. I can always take off the wig and the fake tattoos at the end of the day. Some people can't cut their haunting past off even with the sharpest of knives, or clean their past with the flood of tears and regret. Mahalo piha e Ke Akua. The path to Redemption is paved with forgiveness and humility. I will never forget...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...