Ephemeral Life...

Tonight I felt an urge to go by Punahou to see if the Night Blooming Cereus were unfolding. I was astonished to see so many beautiful blossoms spread out under the beautiful Moon of Hina...

Such fragile delicate beauty...

Framed by the Moon peering through the background...

Like a fragile unfolding love living a full lifetime in a single night of ephemeral beauty...

People out exercising asked themselves what is that crazy bald man doing...lol...

Mahina slowly emerged from the center of love's nocturnal blossom...

I remember reading about Queen Lili'uokalani traveling to Punahou to view the Night Blooming Cereus. Several years ago, I used to bring her one during the Summer when they were in bloom. I wasn't able to for a few years. Tonight, I resumed my tradition of Aloha again. After selecting a beautiful blossom, I drove to the Capitol. As I was driving, I stopped at a stoplight and held the blossom up to my nose and closed my eyes. Inhaling the subtle fragrant flower's essence... As I sensed the same smell Lili'u enjoyed 100 years ago during her pain... I burst into tears...

Lili'u remains lovingly proud and dignified...

I sang her a song honoring Ke Akua and her in the still of the night... There wasn't a soul around the whole time I was there taking photos...

The beauty will fade by morning as the blossom ends its ephemeral existence...

The beautiful Night Blooming Cereus of Punahou. Framed by the beautiful glowing Moon of Mahina. A beautiful gift fit for a Queen...as she watches vigilantly for her people. Bearing witness. Continuing to lead from the Otherside...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...