Na'au...

I stopped by Mauna 'Ala right before closing to Aloha Ke Ali'i Pauahi in a more private conversation on her birthday this past Monday. I thanked her for my education which I didn't truly appreciate at the time and thanked her for providing my two beautiful beloved sons a profound education as well. Tears flowed. I did an oli honoring Pai'ea. I took some photos. I took my dinner (ahi limu poke, lomi salmon and poi) which I drooled over all day since I bought it near work, and gave it to Kahu Maioho who was spending time with another friend. As much as I wanted to eat it, I knew sustaining the kino and 'uhane of Pauahi's beautiful Kahu was a birthday gift I could give to her. Ke Akua wiped away my hunger immediately after. A beautiful light rain cascaded down as I walked to my car. Sometimes feasting on love and the spirit is much more satisfying. He Pono I...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...