Compassion...


When I walk to work, I walk through some very raw seedy areas of urban Honolulu populated with all walks of humanity, many of them caught up in difficult situations seemingly inescapable and devoid of Hope. I often visualize each person who appears to be suffering, as a little five-year old boy or girl. I know at some point they were little innocent and impressionable children.

They never imagined how life would turn out amongst countless childhood dreams, hopes and aspirations. Some were condemned by fateful upbringing and environments not of their choosing. While others made bad choices later in life.

My visualization of one's inner-child allows me to develop intense compassion and empathy for anybody. And I truly mean anybody. One of my Life strategies for interacting with the people in my World.

I need these daily reminders of the incredible Blessings I have in my Life so I often choose to walk the streets. I also need the daily reminder of my responsibility to share those Blessings with others in hopeless suffering need...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...