Love...


Today marked the 13th Anniversary of the tragic sinking of the Japanese fishing vessel, the Ehime Maru. The United States Navy submarine, the USS Greeneville, surfaced and collided with the Japanese fishery high school training ship, the Ehime Maru, killing nine crew members, including four high school students, who represented the dreams and hopes of the Uwajima fishing village. 

I have always felt a strong affinity with the families, especially the parents of Takeshi Mizuguchi, the only young man never recovered from the sunken wreck. Takeshi's Father spoke today, on his yearly trip to Hawai'i, to honor those lost, and to wait for his missing son. 

I always pray for Takeshi's Soul and also pray that he will one day be found.

I truly hope that one day, Takeshi's Mother and Father, will be able to hold their son, one last time, and bring him home. This would mean not only the World to his parents, but also to the Uwajima fishing village families as well. I also know, in my Heart, it would mean the World, to the entire Country of Japan. I cannot begin to fathom such a loss...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...