Hō'ailona...


Today, our Lāhui came to the Office of Hawaiian Affairs. They brought kūpuna, mākua, 'ōpio and keiki. They brought Mana, Spirit and a Unified Voice.  It was Powerful. At one point, I lifted my camera up high to capture a wide-shot. When I checked the viewfinder to look at my angle, I noticed the entire group was covered in Mist. 

Because it was hot, I immediately checked the lens for fogging, but it was clear. I then popped the lens off and checked the backside of the lens, and it was clear too. The shots before this and after were all crisp and clear. I felt a wave of emotion shoot up through me which I had to quickly suppress lest I burst into tears. I knew the ancestors and akua had come. Showing themselves the way they often do. A Beautiful Modern Day Hō'ailona...

For the rest of the day, as I mentioned the capture to a few co-workers and friends, anxious to get home to see the larger photo, and not just in the camera viewfinder, I would get chicken-skin regardless of who I was telling the story too. Every single time I mentioned the Mist. Chicken skin. My confirmation from my own Spirit Guides. Humble Gratitude and Love for our Beloved Kūpuna...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...