Remembrance...



I am very thankful to my beautiful photographer brother Blaine for capturing these memories in January of 2009 when my two sons and I joined hundreds of other Native Hawaiians and supporters in a March down Kalakaua Avenue in Waikīkī. It was my boys' first march and I gave them their kīhei and pū and told them to follow my lead. I didn't realize at the time how terrifying it must have been for them in all the excitement, emotion, chanting and chaos, to be helping to lead the march. I was, and remain, so proud of them. When I was on my deathbed in the ICU at Queen's in 2012, Blaine dropped off a framed photo of my boys and I on Kalakaua Avenue to cheer me up and remind me that I had reasons to live. What a Beautiful Friend. Mahalo Ke Akua...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...