Choices...


On my walk home tonight...I seemed to pass many forlorn people carrying dark energy. I have never come across so many people muttering curses under their breath, or looking extremely disturbed. I even passed one Afro-American man and woman, with accents and clothing that led me to believe they were new to Hawai'i, who also appeared to be living on the street. As they were approaching, I could hear the rather large woman ranting and raving to the man and talking extremely loud and aggressive.  

As I passed them, the woman glared at me. I smiled and said, "Aloha..." She then screamed "F#*@ You!" in my face and continued to barrage me with vitriol and profanity from behind as I continued walking past, egging me on. I slowed down and took deep breaths....and continued walking, preparing myself to be attacked from behind, and then fighting the urge to stop and turn around and engage. Adrenaline was flooding my system. That was my Ego talking. That was Pride. That was Anger. 

In reality, she doesn't know me, and I just served as an easy target for all the issues in her Life. So I tried not to take it personally. I continued walking until her angry voice became a din of murmurs. After a half-hour into my walk, and a bout of angina pains from the emotional excitement, I forgave her and sent her Love, Forgiveness and Light, and humbly asked Ke Akua to help heal her, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually, whatever Thy Will. These encounters happen from time to time and serve as important lessons too...about choosing the Light. About daily split-second choices to avoid injury, death or prison...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...