Gratitude...


Tonight I watched the setting Sun...
As the Somber Cleansing Rains arrived...
As I stood in the Shower...
Immersed in Falling Water myself...
And I Prayed...
Not a Petition for Anything...
Just Sincere Heartfelt Gratitude...
For such a Beautiful Life...
I Quietly Thanked my God and His Son...
My Ancestors and Family...
My Hawaiian akua...
As I recounted each Blessing in my Life...
I expressed Gratitude for all the Lessons in Life...
The Sadness, Hurt and Pain...
The Joy, Elation and Peace...
And I Thanked a multitude of Kupuna...
Ali'i who sacrificed so much for us...
Those who died in battles which changed History...
Each name came to mind and quietly left my lips...
As my tears openly streamed down my face...
As the rain outside quietly washed away yesterday...
Then just as I finished...
A surge of water shot out of my shower head...
Covering me from Head to Toe...
Caressing my Back...
A Beautiful Sign...
It is Washed Away...
Love...
Received...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...