Kala`auho`ano...


My friend has died. My Hawaiian brother...
You taught me much, my hoaaloha...
I am truly grateful for having known you...
We shared the tears and pain...
In the disappointment of ugly truths...
We shared the laughs and joy...
In the craziness of life...
We shared in the love of Ke Akua. Of our kupuna...
As we lovingly and tenderly held the sacred remains of our beloved ancestors...
You truly had a hard existence. Harder than mine...
Yet your voice sang with the resounding sweetness of life...
And in the darkest of days...
You rose above the din of whispers and furtive stares...
So that the human failings will slough off into nothingness...
While the richness of your soul and Aloha will truly remain...
You approached Ke Akua...
In the darkest of days...
In the darkest of nights...
To ask for forgiveness...
As you so asked me...
You needed me to be strong...
To rise up above the frailty of fault...
But I failed you...
So now it is I who ask for your forgiveness my friend...
I humbly ask for your forgiveness...
E moe me ka maluhia...Sleep in peace...
I love you Hawaiian. Always did. Always will...
Miss you already...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...