Memories...


My dad sent me this photo from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park. It reminds me that I often offer to take photos for families and couples taking photographs where one obvious member of the group has to take the photo and can't appear in it. I notice with couples, sometimes the man says they are just fine and they don't need me to take their photo. But then the woman says, yes, please. Kind of a guy thing I guess. I have to be careful because often the tourists don't speak English so I have to get my offer across with my own version of a universal sign language. This usually involves me pointing to myself, holding up a pretend camera to my eye, pointing to the couple and then holding up two fingers. It usually is understood and appreciated. I have to be careful because sometimes they worry I am going to run off with their camera because, unfortunately, I look like I can do that. So I wear a big smile and don't push the issue. It is a small gesture of Aloha that makes me feel good inside. You never know when a picture you take ends up being the only complete photo of a family treasured with great memories for years...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...