Art...







I missed the blowing my conch shell in the Prince Kūhiō Day Parade and marching alongside my hoa Aloha, and I also missed my beautiful friends' baby lūʻau too. I was humbly honored to be a Judge in this year's Congressional Art Competition and the awards ceremony was this morning at the State Capitol Auditorium. Humbly grateful for Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard and her amazing staff, Governor David Ige, Senator Jill Tokuda, Representative Marcus Oshiro and all the volunteers that made this event possible. Hawaii Youth Art Month also was jointly celebrated. 

I was humbled by the amount of inspiring talent exhibited by our beloved ʻōpio and haumana across the islands. I also gained an appreciation for the tireless efforts of the art teachers in many schools who help encourage young dreamers to express their innermost hopes, dreams, aspirations, and even fears in a variety of media. I was so proud to bear witness to these producers of Light...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...