Little Grandpa...


It is kind of strange seeing my father as a happy little boy sitting on my grandfather's leg. His twin sister Eleanor and older sister Betty look happy too. In fact they all look happy. Sometimes when I look at my father's time worn face. I can still see that little boy. I try to show my sons what their grandfather looked like as a little boy with their great-grandfather holding him. It sets the stage for me with them. And for them with their children. My little Elliott is named after his great-grandfather. He is actually the IV. If I had a daughter, she would probably be named Elaine instead of Eleanor, my dad's twin, only because of the kaumaha in her difficult life. I could have named Koa, Elijah, but chose not to. Alliteration is cool. Naming your child after ancestors is always a good idea in my book. I didn't really get to know my grandfather before he died on the operating table during an elective surgery he really didn't need to have. I recently was shown some of his personal writings and journal by my father. I know a lot more about him now. He was an amazing man. Soon I will start talking with him directly and ask him to help me do the things I need to accomplish during my life. For my sons' lives. But I don't want to really bother him right now. Not until I really start to need him...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...