Hulu Kupuna...







Joseph Hauoli Dowson, Sr. and JoAnne Kahanamoku-Sterling talking with each other at the Hawaiian Hall rededication ceremony. Kupuna Dowson is a brilliant painter and Kupuna Sterling a brilliant feather artisan. I have known Kupuna Sterling for quite some time but this was the first time I met Kupuna Dowson. I only recently realized that his beautiful daughter, Ipo, whom I have known for many years as a truly courageous kia'i of our precious iwi kupuna, also followed in his footsteps, as her art is tremendously beautiful as well. I made sure when I said goodbye to Kupuna Sterling, I let her know I love her. And having just met Kupuna Dowson, he had a great sense of humor. I made sure to kiss him on his forehead and let him know I love him too. You need to take every opportunity you can. Every one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...