Lei Ko'a...



Here is my lei ko'a I made out of a piece of coral I have had in my possession for about 18 years from Punalu'u Beach. Actually, the beach next door, Nino'ole. When I was on Maui, walking on a burial dune with County and State representatives, one of the County representatives asked me if the pu'u we were on, which was in the middle of a golf course, was a place where Ali'i, or chiefs, were buried because it was high. I said I believed so. I took two steps and there on the surface, was a small lei ko'a in the shape of a lei niho palaoa. A small coral pendant that a high ranking child would wear. It answered our question. Right there and then. I reburied it right in the sand below the surface where I found it. The archaeologist we were with was all excited about the find. Too excited if you ask me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...