Aloha Kekahi i Kekahi...



My son Elliott and I had a most Beautiful and Powerful evening last night. I always humbly as Ke Akua and the Ancestors to place me where I may be needed, amongst those who may need messages of Hope and Aloha.

Rear Admiral Kevin Lunday and his gracious and kind wife, Lynda Lee hosted us last night at their home at the Diamond Head Lighthouse property. They had requested a Hawaiian Blessing and a sharing of 'ike Hawai'i regarding Aloha.

Kevin is the 14th District Commander of the United States Coast Guard which covers more than 14 million square miles of land and sea, with units on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, the Big Island, and in American Samoa, Saipan, Guam, Singapore and Japan.

This week, 20 countries gathered in Hawai'i for the 8th Pacific Regional Maritime Search and Rescue Workshop. Participating Countries included American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, France, Guam, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papa New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and the United States.

This was the culminating event and gathering after a week of meetings, workshops and live demonstrations on the ocean. 

I was grateful to bring my son Elliott with me. He assisted with the protocol including the sounding of the conch.  I explained that we would ho'okani pū, blow the conch shell to kāhea, or call in, our Ancestors to gather here with us all in the 'aha of Love and Aloha.

We let Ke Akua and Spirit dictate how the ceremony would go and what would be shared. I let the audience know that I would share what Spirit wanted me to share. That we only had a limited time together, and some of us would never see each other again in this Lifetime. I explained I didn't say that to be grim or morbid, but we need to make the most of our time together.

I shared mo'olelo about Kamehameha, given that the 200th Anniversary of his passing was the day before, and his heiau luakini Papa'ena'ena was not far from where were all had gathered. I mentioned the human sacrifice at the po'okanaka class of heiau. The sacrifices of uniting the islands to ensure everlasting peace.

As Elliott and I mixed the water from the huewai gourd, the Beautiful fresh water of Kāne with pa'akai,  I explained about the healing and spiritual nature of the pa'akai. This particular pa'akai being collected at Hanapepe, Kaua'i by the late Helen Kaneakua and mixed with red ocherous earth, the 'alaea, from Hawai'i Island by the late Kahuna Lā'au Lapa'au Henry "Papa" Auwae. The unification of Moku o Keawe with Manokalanipō. Hawai'i and Kaua'i. The Spiritual Cleansing. As I would pīkai the group and grounds, sprinkle the kai, the salt water around.

I shared about how the salt beds at Hanapepe were under threat from man and ocean level rise. After they understood and experienced once practice using the pa'akai.

I talked about Ka Wai Ola a Kāne, and Ke Kai Ola a Kanaloa. The Life Giving Waters of Kāne and Kanaloa. After playing the 'ohe hanu ihu, I explained about the pure breath from the nose, as opposed to what hewa and pilau sometimes comes out of our mouths. Purity versus tainted. I talked about Kumu John Keola's Lake's 'Ōlelo No'eau, "Aia ka Mana i loko o ka hua 'ōlelo."  There is Power in the Word. 

I shared about growing up hearing the Western thought that "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me" versus 'ike Hawai'i where we believe words can actually kill you. I shared about an experience when I was five where my father angrily yelled choice words to my face, and how over 45 years later I can still see, hear and feel every emotion. That we much be especially careful about what we say to children.

I shared about the Life Giving Waters of Kāne, not just being in the streams, waterfalls, springs and the such, but also in our Breath. Our Hā. The water vapor that carries forth mixing into the water vapor in the atmosphere and other water sources. Recalling the light rain that fell, and rainbow that appeared right before we began the event.

I acknowledged the sacred work that these men and women from all these countries do in saving precious fragile precarious Life. Of bringing Hope back to loved ones. For those lost at Sea. In the Realm of Kanaloa.

I shared the mo'olelo of Kamehameha Pai'ea and Keawemauhili and the White and Black stones of Peace and Life versus War and Death. I chanted Keawemauhili's Chiefess Ululani's chant she composed for Pai'ea when she welcomed him to Hilo, Ka'iwakīloumoku. 

Every time I noticed the Ancestor's response in the sudden gusts of winds, I stopped and explained to the group the meaning of the hō'ailona and acknowledgments. 

I shared about the significance of the white stone, the coral. The ko'a. The coral polyp in our mo'okū'auhau, our genealogy in the Kumulipo. The ko'a, also the branch coral head, which serves as a place of refuge for the smaller ocean fish and creatures from larger predatory fish. 

I shared about how we give each others black and white stones each day, not physical stones, but in our words to each other. How we need to choose our words carefully for they have power. We can choose Love, Kindness, Compassion, Forgiveness, and Uplifting words or we can choose harmful words of hate and destruction.

I explained about how places of refuge existed for kapu breakers to save precious Life, but that also people could serve as a pu'uhonua themselves. How we can choose to be a place of refuge for others. A safe haven. Non-judgmental. Accepting. Healing.

I talked about Pilahi Paki and her prophetic words from 1962 that the World will look towards Hawai'i for World Peace, because we possess the key, and that key is Aloha. Our Gift to the World. Not Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts.

I closed out with Aloha Kekahi i Kekahi. Love One Another. We all possess great power in changing the World. 

I expressed my sincere Love to everyone present. 

Elliott and I enjoyed shared food and conversation with representatives from different countries. 

I shared with my hosts that His Royal Highness King David Kalakaua said that everyone possesses Mana. Not just Hawaiians. You inherit Mana from your ancestors, from all the Just, Kind, Compassionate, Forgiving and Loving acts they shared in their Lifetimes. You acquire your own Mana in this Life by doing the same thing. 

A United States Ambassador and I had a very powerful and intimate conversation. He shared his own personal experience of having Healing Hawaiian hands placed upon him in the past, making a difference in his Life, and said that the Search and Rescue work these men and women participants do in their respective countries is extremely stressful. They are often called in when all Hope has been lost. Against all odds. 

He said that my words tonight were very much needed by so many and personally thanked me. We actually both teared up. It was intimate and poignant and I was humbled to my core. 

Elliott and I had to part with the event and we said our Beautiful goodbyes and embraced many. 

So there, under the watchful eye and at the foot of a mauna, Mauna Lē'ahi, otherwise known as Diamond Head, we shared about Aloha. We shared our Aloha. We shared about Aloha Kekahi i Kekahi. Loving One Another. As we Loved One Another. And we shared about Hope. 

There must always be Hope. For where you find Aloha. You Shall Always Find Hope...

Be a Place of Refuge, a Pu'uhonua, onto yourself, for others. A place of Love, Aloha and Hope...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...