May I Enter?


Hello? Anyone home? May I come in? May I come in to meet my long lost relatives? May I come in to tend to their graves? May I come in to offer them some love and respect? To let them know that I have not forgotten them. That I have not forgotten their hardships and will to survive so that I, their mo`opuna, may be here to thrive. May I come in? I'm having a hard time in my life now. I need them now more than ever. I need to talk with them. I need to feel them. I need to know they still love me. Is anyone in there listening to me? They are still there, aren't they? You didn't destroy them, did you? You wouldn't do that, would you? Destroy my kupuna. Their iwi. The most cherished possession in my Hawaiian culture. Silly me. I know you wouldn't hurt my kupuna. Because you know that would destroy me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...