Deja Vu...


Tonight I spent some one-on-one time with my six-year old, Koa. After an exhaustive tickle session, we cuddled in bed without the television or other distractions. I massaged his back and he rubbed my arm. We talked about little silly things. Then I used this opportunity of undivided attention to let him know how much I loved him. How proud I was of him. How he was such a thoughtful and loving person. He truly is. Then as we lay there. I started humming an impromptu lullabye I just made up as I continued to rub his back. He listened and our breath intermingled with each other. Time seemed to have stopped. Then suddenly I had a deja vu vision of my kupuna from a thousand years ago holding their child and humming the same song. A wave of emotions swept over me. Love can be so intense. And so very everlasting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...