Single Mothers...


Another nice photo Dad. I have always known single mothers. I was lucky to have had both parents around. Although my dad took extended tours of duty in Vietnam and other assignments for up to a year at a time. Like the beautiful mother who sat next to me on my last trip to Washington, D.C. and who shared with me her story of suddenly becoming a single parent with two little daughters. Of how frightening it all quickly became. It seems like there are more and more women raising their children alone. Sometimes with the help of a grandparent or two which of course can make a world of difference. I'm not sure if the courts still statistically are inclined to grant both physical and legal custody to mothers over fathers. All I do know is that single mothers have a tremendously important task of serving as loving caretaker and financial provider at the same time. And all without the help of a partner. It truly can seem overwhelming at times. But the women who truly succeed in raising a beautiful family and beautiful little human beings, seemingly of their own accord, know that they still have a man in the house. A man in their life. And He will never abandon you. Never...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...