Little Girl...


I never saw this picture before. My dad recently shared it with me. It is my grandmother with my mother. Sitting on the black pohaku of Kaua'i at a beach. The black pohaku are my kupuna too. I'm not sure what beach it is. It may be the beach which took my grandfather's life about a year after this photo was taken. He probably took this photo. I can see through his eyes the love he had for my grandmother and for his precious little daughter who would be present on the beach for his tragic death. I can see the footprints in the sand where my grandmother and mom walked hand-in-hand over to the rock and then mom climbed up on top. I miss my grandfather. I miss my grandmother. I fortunately still have my mother. I wish she was this little girl again so I could pick her up. Squeeze her. Kiss her forehead. And tell her how much I love her. For me and for her father. To us. She will always be our precious little girl...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...