Affirmation...


I spent July 4th at the beach with a few friends. It was a day to celebrate independence. My great-great-great-great-great grandfather, George, who was born in 1754, fought in the American Revolutionary War. He gave me his blessings to celebrate my Hawaiian culture for the auspicious day. Hauling pohaku around. Cutting my feet on coral and thorns. Scraping my hands on jagged rocks. Bending down and lifting heavy stones such that my legs were sore for two days after. But it was great. I practiced my Hawaiian culture. I spoke with my kupuna. I honored my ali'i. I erected the altar to invite Ke Akua into ravaged lands. I bonded with close comrades in the Pono fight for love, light, forgiveness and Aloha. I baked in the Sun. I thought about you. Way too much since I was supposed to be focused on my mission at hand. And as my many cuts and scrapes healed quickly from a place of human filth. I knew my life could have been quickly taken from necrotizing fasciitis bacteria. But my kupuna protected me and healed me quickly. This did not go unnoticed by me. I try not to take any blessings for granted. None. And the end of the day sky affirmed the beauty of my enduring love...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...