Home...


With more unfettered development in Hawai`i looming on the horizon. It was truly fantastic to get back home and continue to engage in the battle to save the legacy of our Hawaiian ancestors. Last night, images of a greenish book danced in my head momentarily before I drifted off to sleep. I remembered such a book on my bookshelf in my bedroom. This morning I searched for it and found it. It was given to me by my dad. Twelve years ago. I never opened it to read beyond the first page where he scribbled a loving optimistic note for me about saving the Earth, the future and doing it for the children. It is called "The Soul of Nature, Visions of a Living Earth" and it is a collection of deep essays from a variety of people on the environment, spirituality, sustainability and the like. I shall begin to read it. My dad bought it for me and wrote his note when he was visiting Washington, D.C., in the Summer of 1995. Having myself just returned from there last week. Something strange is definitely going on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...