Na Pua...


The kukui nut symbolizes education and enlightenment because of its usage in ancient times, with its oily nut, as a fire burning candle. Kalani and I spent the morning with the beautiful na pua o Ke Ali'i Pauahi. Sharing mea Hawai'i. Sharing the spirit of our most precious and beloved kupuna and Ke Akua. It was intensely moving and beautiful. Later, I recieved a ho'ailona when I left the campus which I am still interpreting. It was powerful and straight from Ke Akua for sure. I am again profoundly humbled. I can think of no other way to express the beauty of today then in the tiny little flowers of the kukui nut tree itself. The beautiful little na pua which hold all the promises of tomorrow in their beautiful tiny little beating hearts and joyous laughter...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...