Wendy...


My sweet beautiful Hawaiian soul...
Such cruelness in your world...
Risen from trusting innocence...
Blossoming into graceful dignified strength...
And fragile womanhood...
So wonderfully proud of you...
Three beautiful gifts of life brought into this world...
Your legacy of love and hope...
To overcome the evil which men do...
And when you needed love...
No one came...
I remember your trembling hand...
The tears welling in your eyes...
The nervous smile of a distant past...
The tender kiss...
And the gifts of your heart...
Which were not mine to take...
And I felt the darkness descend...
And the stifled dimness of empty promises...
Collapsing into lonely despair...
And when you needed light...
It never arrived...
Leaving your three gifts for the world...
The only everything you ever sought...
Hidden before your very eyes...
Tethered to the fading stars of dissipating dreams...
Abandoned alone in the dark...
Forgive me...
My sweet beautiful Hawaiian soul...
Forgive me...
Forgive all of us...
For the evil which men do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...