Dementors...


I was having lunch at Ala Moana with my 'ohana. My boys were excitedly talking about the new Harry Potter movie coming to theaters soon. Not long after. I spotted someone walking in the crowd scanning the various selections at the numerous food vendors. He was with a woman I have never seen before. He is one of my best friends. From long ago. He spent ten years in prison. I don't judge him for his crimes. But I avoided eye contact and monitored his whereabouts while trying to stay inconspicuous. I just couldn't have him near my boys. They are so full of light and love that he would be drawn to them for salvation. Death follows him. But there is nothing I can do without giving up too much of myself. I still love my brother. But so many things have changed. It is truly sad when you have to avoid one of your best friends. But when Dementors follow his every move. To protect what is most important to me in life. My boys. I really had no choice. And because he loves me. He would be the first one to understand...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...