Tamagotchi...


Elliott found a brand new unopened Tamagotchi Electronic Pet in our filing cabinet from 1997. There were several in there. We let him open the translucent green one. I'm sure it would  be more of a collectible one day in an unopened pristine box but sometimes you need to let your children enjoy life now instead of saving something which they may never get to enjoy later. For whatever reason. Elliott was very happy and carried his little growing pet with him and tenderly cared for it. I figured if he learned to tend to its needs of food, pooping, playing, medicine, attention and discipline, he might understand some responsibility better. Then we can progress to a fishtank or a puppy. The only problem is that the other day, after dropping him off at school. I found his Tamagotchi in my car. I was faced with the decision of leaving it in the car all day and potentially having his pet get sick, overrun with poop, or worse yet, die, or be a grown man tending to a little fad pet and potentially losing all credibility in an adult world. I had a stressful busy day to face and taking care of a little blobby thing wasn't in my plan. Yet I had no choice. You can never underestimate the power of a parent's love. At the end of the day. Blobby thing was clean, fed, disciplined and healthy thanks to a discreet Dad. When he finishes with this phase, I've already decided what's next. A pet rock. It can survive in my car for weeks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kihapu...

Blood Moon...